Since you are going to use your domain to do business it makes sense to brand it for publicity. You may follow these simple tips:
1. Shorter doman name : They are always easy to remember, and put in writing.
2. Make the name easy to pronounce: This will help in word-to-mouth publicity
3. Think long term : Never use words which have regional meaning or are simply slangs
4. Do a trademark search : You can visit http://www.uspto.gov for US market searches http://www.inta.org for international searches. If your name is cleared, then get the trademark registered to protect your business today and in future.
5. Always have a tag line: Tag lines are like punches. They are remembered long after people leave your site. Have a tag line that conveys your message effectively yet is short enough to be remembered.